This Taking the Initiative lesson plan also includes:
We can all use a little help sometimes. Middle schoolers engage in a series of activities that teach them about taking the initiative, how to make the effort, how to ask questions, and who to ask for help. They then listen to a guest speaker who shares their experiences with taking initiative.
- Have participants review the activities in this module and craft a reflection about the key points that they learned
- The final lesson in the five-part Managing Personal Resources module
- Requires an assortment of objects; see lesson plan for a complete list
- Instructors must select a guest speaker to address the class
- The eight-page packet includes suggestions for lesson extensions, a homework assignment, and an assessment