This Taking a Spin activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
It does not divide into 360 evenly, so it cannot work. The resource extends pupils' thinking about rotational symmetry. By asking for a figure with a rotational symmetry of a seemingly impossible angle, the activity requires learners to think about multiples of angles of rotational symmetry.
- Provide the class either with manipulatives or technology to investigate
- Divide classmates into groups and have each group defend that they have found all of the possible polygons meeting the criteria
- Students should be familiar with rotational symmetry
- Provides a detailed discussion of the task
- Gives suggestions for assessment and extensions