This Taking a Ride on a Lithospheric Plate activity & project also includes:
Assist your pupils and broaden their horizons with several activities that determine the exact positioning of various communities over the globe. Pupils use data from the Global Positioning System to determine the position and rate of movement for individual locations based on current and retroactive data. They also learn to recognize the inconsistencies between rate and direction of plate motion, so they may be further aware of changes taking place in their community as the Earth continues to evolve each year.
- Gather GPS information and prompt your class to map predetermined areas of interest
- Assist individuals with interpreting GPS data if needed
- Allow time to properly move through this unit and learn all information before proceeding to the next chapter
- Allows the class to predict the future topographical changes taking place in their community
- Uses current information to teach complex concepts that apply to environmental changes
- Document permissions do not allow for printing