This Tackling Climate Change lesson plan also includes:
Get your kids thinking about climate change with a series of activities that include creating a ditty box poem for the planet, a poem that identifies concepts or objects they would want to preserve.
42 Views 42 Downloads
- Access the provided link for images of ditty boxes
- Also project images from Cape Farewell, an organization that leads expeditions of scientists and artists to places where they can observe the effects of climate change
- The cross-curricular exercise links English language arts and environmental studies
- Complete directions for creating the ditty box and for drafting the poem are included
- The villanelle form may prove challenging to some writers