This Symmetry lesson plan also includes:
Get learners' minds rotating and reflecting while looking for symmetry. Pupils investigate figures to determine the number of lines of symmetry and if the figure has rotational symmetry. Classmates work together in groups to find out the order of rotational symmetry of figures and whether they have point symmetry.
- Use dynamic geometry software to show different aspects of symmetry
- Have the pupils draw the lines of symmetry on the figures
- The class should be familiar with rotations
- There is an extra blank page at the end that is not needed
- Contains suggestions for differentiation
- The worksheet is set up as a table, making it easy to see patterns