This Sustainability: Learning for a Lifetime – The Importance of Water lesson plan also includes:
- Informational Text
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Water is essential for life—and understanding the importance of clean drinking water is essential in understanding sustainability! Show your environmental science class the basics of water testing and treatment through a week-long examination of the water table. Scholars detect and record contaminants in water samples and design a method for cleaning contaminated water.
- Invite someone from the local water treatment facility to come speak to the class about water treatment and quality
- Ask pupils who live in different neighborhoods to bring in water samples from home, including homes with well water
- Learners should be familiar with the pH scale; consider reviewing the basics before launching the lesson
- The included materials are state-specific, plan to substitute similar materials from your own state
- Focused activities make for a week's worth of aquatic adventure!
- The lesson includes extensions and modifications to suit the needs of your class