This Survey Analysis- Public Perceptions of Voting and Elections lesson plan also includes:
The perception of fairness in elections becomes more important with each passing election. Using data from a C-SPAN poll, budding historians consider the differences between how people perceive elections. The resource includes videos of political pundits examining public perception data, as well as charts and model questionnaires used by the news station to gather information.
- Have pupils create their own polls based on the results of the survey included in the resource
- Ask learners to discuss perceptions of elections based on the data included in the lesson plan
- Class members must be able to view the video clips to complete the activities on their own devices or as a whole class
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource uses authentic poll materials
- Activities are easy to scaffold and use in a variety of contexts