This Surrealism lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce studio artists to the elements and principles of surrealism with a lesson that includes models of the works of famous surrealists. Class members then select a project from a menu and create their own film, poem, or photorealistic painting using the techniques studied.
- Save representative project samples to serve as models for subsequent classes
- Designed for a studio art class
- Requires considerable prep time to gather and prepare materials
- The link to the video of John Cage's 4'33 does not work; however, the video is available online
- The project menu and reflection questions are tiered to three levels of difficulty