This Surface Area of Pyramids and Cones instructional video also includes:
Scratch more than just the surface when investigating surface area. The second video of six installments in the Geometry - Surface Area and Volume unit focuses on the surface area of pyramids and cones. Young mathematicians learn to calculate surface area by determining the area of different-shaped bases, including regular polygons, and adding the lateral area.
- Use the video with learners struggling with calculating surface area
- Knowledge of surface area from the previous video is necessary
- Scholars should be familiar with determining the slant height using the Pythagorean Theorem
- Worksheets show the same examples from the video to help viewers take notes
- Includes a corrective assignment for additional practice