This Surface Area and Volume of a Cylinder lesson plan also includes:
Surface area or volume? Pupils first review the difference between surface area and volume. They then use a two-dimensional net that helps them develop formulas for the surface area and volume of cylinders.
7 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have the class measure surface area and volume of real-world cylinders
- Individuals should be able to calculate areas of circles and rectangles
- Determine whether learners should have access to calculators and/or use 3.14 for pi
- Provides printable net of cylinder
- No additional practice problems