How can you get a case argued before the Supreme Court of the United States? Learners research the way a court case ends up in the highest court in the 20th installment of a 50-part series covering the United States government and politics. Research and open discussion helps model the process of going before the Supreme Court to argue the constitutionality of a law.
- Choose a case to argue and have the class move the argument through the court system to get to the Supreme Court
- Review a specific case decided by the Supreme Court outlining how lawyers argued the case
- Be sure students have online access if assigning the video clip as homework
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Lesson outlines primary source facts and material on key Supreme Court Cases to research further
- Resource includes animation of the concept to assist visual learners