This Supporting an Opinion: Why is the Rainforest Canopy a Difficult Place to Research? (Pages 9–10) lesson plan also includes:
What do you think? Readers focus on pages 9-10 of The Most Beautiful Roof in the World to form opinions about the difficulty of researching the rainforest canopy. They begin by discussing the skills required to be a scientist and finish by taking a close look at vocabulary before writing their opinion.
- Ask a science researcher to speak to the class or have the class look up information about science researchers
- Part three of 15 in Grade 5 ELA Module 2a, Unit 2
- Requires completing lessons in order
- Offers a reading note catcher to organize thoughts
- Lists vocabulary to teach to increase lesson comprehension