This Summer Olympics assessment also includes:
Quickly get to the decimal point. The last assessment in a nine-part series requires scholars to work with decimals. Pupils compare the race times of several athletes and calculate how much they have improved over time. During the second part of the assessment, individuals draw conclusions and write a news article with a prediction of the next winner.
- Gather articles about runners and use their actual race times in a similar task
- Individuals need to know how to calculate an average
- The class should be comfortable operating with decimals
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a link to a sports article as a sample
- Contains a scoring rubric with explanations of how to award partial credit