This Summarizing Informational Text: “Hawaii’s Endangered Happy Face Spider” lesson plan also includes:
Put on a happy face. Using an interesting resource, pupils read an informational text about Hawaii's endangered Happy Face Spider. Next, they participate in a jigsaw discussion to find the gist of the article.
2 Collections 3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have learners create a poster about the happy face spider
- Fourth lesson from the 10-part Grade 5 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series, and order matters
- Display all anchor charts from previous lessons
- Provides strategies for differentiated instruction
- Includes learning targets and teaching notes