Causes of ecological succession include lava flows, receding glaciers, forest fires, and farming. The video explains both primary and secondary succession. It also describes the steps followed during a typical succession.
9 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a Venn diagram for primary and secondary succession
- Add vocabulary words to science dictionaries
- Only works as a brief introduction and requires much more instruction for the topic
- Does not require much class time
- Does not clearly communicate the concepts of primary and secondary succession
- Offered definition of a climax community is vague and inaccurate