This Succession lesson plan also includes:
The final lesson in a two-part series prompts scholars to create newspaper articles and succession events. Applying their knowledge of the ecosystem and the past examples of succession, they predict what will happen in the future using specific related vocabulary.
- Visit a wildlife preserve, park, or other local ecosystem that has experienced succession
- Team up with a language arts teacher to offer students more support
- Lesson focuses on Virginia, but it could easily be adapted to any location
- Includes extension ideas for all reading levels
- Provides three strategies for differentiation
- Incorporates scoring guides for writing assignment