This Studying STI/HIV lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Eighth graders describe symptoms, effects, treatments, and prevention for chlamydia, HPV, herpes, gonorrhea, Hepatitis B and C, and HIV. They begin by answering provided background questions and get one's feelings about what they think when they hear the term sexually transmitted diseases. They have self-reflection time and a take-home assignment to complete as well.
- Connect the project between social studies and health class
- Be sure that learners can discuss sensitive topics in a mature way before beginning the lesson
- Lesson was published in Canada, but concepts are applicable to classrooms in any country
- Covers a wide variety of sexually transmitted diseases