This Structure-Function lesson plan also includes:
Without structure, there wouldn't be function. Scholars examine the meaning of structure and function with a hands-on experience. Using balls from different sports, they compare and contrast their structures and then analyze how each structure relates to their functions. The lesson is the third in a series of lessons exploring the concept of animal and plant transport systems.
- Use balls that are both familiar and some that may not be as familiar to help generate discussion
- End with a discussion about what structure and function means in the context of body systems
- Note that not all individuals may have the same experience with different types of balls, which may affect their level of participation
- Provides a graphic organizer as an option for pupils to organize their thoughts
- Uses something common to most individuals to develop a complex concept