This Stride Ruler activity & project also includes:
Take it all in stride! Scholars learn to estimate distances using their strides as measurement. They take 10 steps next to a set of meter sticks and use the final distance to estimate the length of each step. Once they've found the length of their strides, they use it estimate distances between objects.
- Have the class estimate the distance between two landmarks and see which classmate comes closest to the actual distance
- Meter sticks and tape are necessary for the activity
- Pupils should be able to divide by 10
- Provides a student handout
- Kinesthetic learners appreciate the chance to move around in the classroom