This Straw Bridges activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
There is never a bridge too far. Using common items, class members build bridges to span an opening. Pupils test different geometric shapes to determine which is the strongest. Learners use pennies to find the strength of their bridges and change their designs to make them stronger.
- Investigate different bridge designs
- Ask the class to come up with other materials that may not be strong individually but could be combined to make a bridge
- Needs an area that spans at least 25 centimeters
- Includes extension suggestions
- Provides a recommended reading