This Strategic Overview - Pacific Theater instructional video also includes:
Battleships, airplanes, and island-hopping were just a few of the United States strategies during the battle of the Pacific. Scholars learn the strategies the United States employed to contend with the Japanese military in an engaging video that uses real footage from the war.
- Show the resource as an introduction to the battle in the Pacific during World War II
- Use the video to prompt a class discussion concerning the US military strategies during World War II
- The theme of war and violence may not be suitable for all age groups
- A mix of archival footage and photos from the battle of the Pacific make the video more engaging
- Provides a great way to introduce scholars to the topic of the war in the Pacific