This Stopping Mosquito-Borne Disease interactive also includes:
Fifty million people catch dengue fever each year. Understanding the transmission and symptoms of this disease helps people prevent and treat it. Learn about multiple intervention strategies and view graphs of their effects to stop the mosquito-borne disease in its tracks.
- Pause the presentation to discuss ideas for stopping the spread of dengue fever
- Consider how close your area is to the range for dengue fever and how global warming might change it
- Relies on prior knowledge of mosquito prevention ideas
- Connects science and math concepts with real-life applications
- Includes multiple videos of lectures and demonstrations related to the topic