This Stoichiometry of S'mores lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How fun would it be to teach the concept of stoichiometry while allowing your chemistry class to assemble a classic campfire treat? This fun and engaging activity allows pupils to explore the principles of the chemical theory while making a delectable dessert. They learn about synthesis reactions, the Law of Conservation of Matter, and develop the ability to solve stoichiometry problems as they relate mass to moles and mass to mass.
- Allow pupils to make S'mores without all ingredients to determine the outcome of chemical reactions
- Ensure individuals do not have food allergies prior to conducting this activity
- Engaging and fun, while enabling blossoming chemists to develop the ability to garner important theoretical concepts
- May be performed within one class period