This Stocking the Shelves assessment also includes:
How many ways can you stock a shelf? It's probably more than you think! Young scholars use data in a frequency table to determine how many ways to stock a shelf given a specific constraint for types of groups. They then repeat the task for a new set of groups.
- Use the extension suggestion for early finishers
- Have pupils create a tree diagram to illustrate the different groups
- Expects an understanding of permutations
- Provides a rubric with descriptors specific to the task
- Includes a sample solution with detailed explanations