This Stickleback Film with Quiz: Evolving Switches, Evolving Bodies video also includes:
The pelvic bone's connected to the...nothing in the stickleback fish, because it doesn't have one. Young biologists watch a video about the evolution of the stickleback fish living in Alaskan lakes. It turns out that they lost their pelvic bones to avoid predators when they made the switch from the ocean to freshwater glacial lakes after the last Ice Age.
- Use the review questions as discussion prompts
- Invite a biologist to give a presentation on evolution
- Scholars should have basic biology knowledge, such as on proteins and genes
- Provides explanations for both incorrect and correct answers to the review questions
- Explanations are easy to understand and thorough