This Step Eight: Positions, Please! lesson plan also includes:
Everyone sees the results of public policy, but not everyone understands the strategy that goes into creating an effective one. Now that your class understands the brainstorming process from earlier in the series, they continue on to the planning phase. They use graphic organizers to help them describe their game plans.
- Differentiate for English learners by giving them extra time to complete the assignment
- As the eighth in a nine-part series, the resource assumes students watched the previous lessons first
- Permits access to all materials with a free account
- Supplies idea for warm-up activity
- Shows pupils the practicalities of planning public policy
- Asks middle schoolers to critically think about causation as well as analyze both sides of an issue