This Step 3: Become an Expert lesson plan also includes:
Have you ever been called an expert before? Pupils analyze how to break down sources of information using group work and individual skills. They begin to understand the tools of becoming an expert on a topic by using subtopics and investigative reading as they complete the third installment of a 10-part County Solutions - High School series. Once finished, they know how to become experts in their own right on topics of choice.
- Walk the class through a reading to model how to break down a specific source
- Have groups present their expert findings on sources to the class for demonstration and discussion purposes
- Requires a free iCivics account to access some of the materials
- Resource includes printable worksheets for classroom use
- Lesson provides teacher answer keys for all materials
- Materials link instructors to free iCivics account