Learn about the orbit of the International Space Station directly from an astronaut on the International Space Station! Young scholars hear about the shape and path of orbits from a NASA astronaut in the video lesson from a larger STEMonstrations playlist. Follow the lesson with a mathematical exploration of the distance and time of the orbits based on the diameter of the bodies they orbit.
- Create an interdisciplinary lesson by integrating math and science concepts
- Give groups different planets to calculate orbits as an additional challenge
- Expects pupils to make calculations using a simple formula
- Includes an answer key for the lesson activity
- Offers an extension activity for those needing a challenge