Stem cell research and ethics are hotly debated, but many pupils don't really know what a stem cell is. The video describes what they are, why they are different than other cells, and where they can be found. The video continues with how scientists use them in medicine and the limitations placed on stem cells based on country laws.
- Create a Venn diagram of which stem cells are used for research in various countries
- Have scholars write a five-sentence summary of what they learned from the video
- Be aware of a sensitive topic depending on scholars' religious beliefs
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes closed captioning for extra assistance for ELLs
- Highlights new vocabulary throughout