This Static Cling activity & project also includes:
Cling to a lesson on static electricity. Pupils take part in experiments where they see how paper from hole punchers, packing peanuts, puffed rice cereal, and other items react when placed near a rubbed balloon. They learn how electrons and electric charges play a role in this phenomenon.
- Have the class create graphic organizers to summarize the results of the investigation
- Familiarity with static electricity is necessary
- Some prior preparation (setting up learning stations) is required for the activity
- Provides a video that shows the experimental process and explains the science
- Includes an optional extension activity