This Standard Form video also includes:
It's standard to learn about standard form and scientific notation. A short video shows learners how to first convert very large numbers and very small numbers into scientific notation. They then learn how to convert scientific notation into standard form.
- Use the video and worksheet as part of a unit review
- Pupils must be familiar with powers of 10
- Worksheet includes practice problems from topics covered in multiple videos on scientific notation
- Video may confuse US learners due to a difference in terminology (standard form refers to scientific notation, not standard form)
- Includes additional textbook exercises
- Worksheet indicates where calculators would be appropriate