This Stagecraft unit also includes:
The house lights dim, the curtain parts, lights slowly come up, revealing the stage. Before the actors appear, before a word is spoken, the audience is drawn in by the lighting, by the colors, by lines of the set, by the props, and become part of the world of the play. The art of stagecraft is vitally important to the world of theater, and with an engrossing resource, young theater students can begin their journey to stagecraft mastery.
- Ideal for schools planning to launch a stagecraft course
- Add individual units to an existing course
- Although designed for a specific theater, the course can easily be adapted for any stagecraft program or theater
- Designed as a year-long stagecraft course
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The year-long, five-unit course covers all aspects of stagecraft, including the evolution of the stage, theater safety, set, lighting, and sound design, and various theatrical careers