Are there some rectangles that are more square than others? A thought-provoking task asks individuals to create a formula that objectifies the square-ness of a set of rectangles. They then use their formulas to rank a set of rectangles.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a collaborative activity in which each member creates their own formula and then compares and contrasts with other group members
- Have partners use the rubric to score each other's work
- Expects an understanding of the properties of squares
- Includes a rubric to assist in scoring student work
- Provides the question as open-ended to allow for various solution methods