This Split Time activity & project also includes:
Stay on track to learn about proportions. Scholars watch an introductory video that shows the split time for a runner on an outdoor track. Applying concepts of proportional reasoning, they determine what the runner's split time would be for a shorter indoor track.
- Invite a track coach or physical education teacher to help explain split time
- If multiple tracks are available, try out the situation
- A familiarity with proportional reasoning is a must
- Provides an answer with supporting video
- Only includes one situation and problem