This Spinning an Old Record assessment also includes:
Take a trip back in time to examine angular velocity. Using the revolutions per minute, learners calculate the speed of a point on a 33 record. They compare the speed of a point on the edge of the record to the speed of a point closer to the center and use the comparison to make a general statement.
- Incorporate as a lesson opener when discussing linear and angular velocity
- Use dimensional analysis to assist with calculations
- Builds on an understanding of circumference and similar circles
- Provides the activity in an editable document
- Uses humor to introduce the task