This Special Effects video also includes:
Special effects have come along way since the spectacular illusions of Georges Melies. Young filmmakers learn about the three major types of special effects: mechanical or practical effects, optical effects, and computer-generated imagery.
4 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have individuals keep a list of topics and technologies mentioned that they would like to explore in greater depth
- Ask learners to attempt some of the special effects mentioned in the video
- The 11th episode in the Crash Course "Film: History, Production, and Criticism" playlis
- Includes clips from films to illustrate the various effects
- Some viewers may be overwhelmed by the rapid pace of the narration; pause the video frequently to permit questions and notetaking