This Space Invaders activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Split the class into two groups—the meteors and the satellites—with the majority of the class being satellites. The inner circle in the gym is "inner space" while the court around it is "outer space." When satellites are in inner space they have to hop, and when they are in outer space they have to jump. The meteors do the opposite, therefore jumping in inner space and hopping in outer space. If a meteor tags a satellite, then the roles reverse. Continue playing for as long as you want.
- Change up the movement skills from hopping to jumping to skipping to galloping, etc.
- Video is intended for the instructor
- Game should be played in the gymnasium in order to use the basketball lines on the court
- Requires no equipment
- Reinforces simple movement skills