Why don't we just take an elevator to space instead of wasting all of those rockets? Video begins with an explanation of the concept of space elevators, and continues with the things that must be considered in developing and operating one. the resource concludes with the limiting factors and possible future of space elevators.
- Challenge learners to find out if nanotubes will work for making a space elevator (hint: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2093356-carbon-nanotubes-too-weak-to-get-a-space-elevator-off-the-ground/)
- Have pupils draw what they picture a space elevator looking like with new materials that may not even be invented yet
- Be aware the comments are open to all, including those who should really learn more about science before posting
- Connects science fiction to reality
- Engaging and short, the video holds viewers' attention