This Sound Measures lesson plan also includes:
How loud is the class's hearing threshold? Using a sound level meter, the class members observe how the loudness of sound is affected by distance. Learners continue to study decibels by seeing how different sounds compare to each other using a graphic that shows typical sound levels.
- Based on the class experience, determine a function to fit the plotted data
- Lead a discussion before the activity on why certain workers wear hearing protection
- Requires an appliance to make noise and a sound level meter
- Includes discussion questions for the teacher to use
- Provides an explanation for the instructor of the key points in the lesson