This Sound Design activity & project also includes:
Hear about a great resource on sound? An interesting hands-on activity has learners construct a device that will soundproof a phone or speaker. They test out different materials to see which ones best absorb sound waves.
1 Collection 3 Views 5 Downloads
- Have a contest to see which classmate's contraption reduces sound the most
- See the resource for a list of suggested materials for the activity
- Though written for Chicago residents, the resource works well for those not living there
- Part of a larger playlist called Explore STEM in the City!
- Includes an optional extension activity
- Provides some background information
- Lacks student worksheets