This Sometimes You Behave Like a WAVE, Sometimes You Don't! lesson plan also includes:
Electromagnetic radiation behaves like both a wave and a particle. Help classes explore this concept through a lab investigation. Young scientists create optical interference patterns on a glass slide using a carbon layer. They analyze each pattern to describe the wave or particle nature of each pattern.
- Use the lab investigation as a follow-up to a lecture on the behavior of electromagnetic radiation
- Have each group compare their findings and discuss any inconsistencies
- Requires a fundamental understanding of the wave and particle model for electromagnetic radiation
- Provides the materials as Word documents, which allows for easy editing
- Includes a teacher guide to aid in planning