Tiny, old galaxies surrounding the Milky Way offer an opportunity to observe the evolution of the universe. An episode of the SciShow Space series describes what scientists knew before and the new research recently published on the neighboring galaxies. Research continues as cosmic mysteries pile up faster than scientists solve them.
- Connect the concept to studying history to understand life today
- Challenge scholars to create a map of the local galaxies
- Relies on prior knowledge of galaxies and the big bang theory
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Connects to current, ongoing research