This Solar Tracker Challenge lesson plan also includes:
Follow the light—not with one's eyes—but with a special solar tracker. Future engineers design and build a device that tracks light. They must build circuits in which solar cells rotate to receive equal amounts of light.
3 Views 0 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Take the class outside to test out the trackers
- Some preparation is necessary before the lesson; see the resource for the steps that need to be taken
- Familiarity with the engineering design process is advantageous
- Gives background information for instructors
- Provides a direction sheet and other student handouts