This Solar Site Assessment lesson plan also includes:
Apply the mantra of real estate to solar panels: location, location, location. Learners use a Solar Pathfinder to conduct site assessments for possible spots on school grounds to place a solar module. They find the amount of insolation lost due to trees and other objects, determine the amount of electricity that can be produced by a module, and estimate the size of the solar module array needed to produce all the electricity used by the school.
- Have the class give a presentation to school officials
- Pupils should have experience using a Solar Pathfinder
- Last of four installments in the Solar Resources Assessment unit
- Lists some suggestions for assessment
- Includes a printable data recording sheet