This Solar Energy Equity and Sustainability lesson plan also includes:
Generate some knowledge about generating electricity. Pupils first read several articles to learn about solar energy, its advantages and disadvantages, and advancements in technology related to solar cells. They then have a class discussion about the impact of solar power on society, culture, and the economy.
- Have learners research recent articles on solar energy
- Invite an English teacher to take part in the lesson
- This is the first of 14 lessons in the Cost Effective Solar Cells unit
- Scholars should be familiar with basic trigonometric functions
- Includes a list of discussion questions and follow-up questions to use with the class
- Provides some suggestions for assessment and extension