Soil pollution has a longer reach than may seem possible. A video presentation demonstrates how a seemingly isolated soil contamination spreads and even reaches waterways. The lesson demonstrates how scientists conduct porosity tests using slices of soil to create three-dimensional models.
- Pause the video to discuss the positive and negative charged particles to ensure pupils understand their attractive and repulsive forces
- Follow the video with a lab activity analyzing liquid flow in different types of soils
- Expects a clear understanding of the behavior of ionic particles
- References additional activities that support the content in the video
- Emphasizes key vocabulary