This Sodium Halide Reactions with Conc. H2SO4 interactive also includes:
What do you get when you combine precipitate reactions with puzzles? Maximize the engagement in a single replacement reactions lesson by incorporating fun puzzles. Chemistry scholars observe the reaction between several sodium halides and sulfuric acid, then use the results in a series of games.
- Have paired pupils perform the reactions and use the first puzzle as a place to record their observations
- Extend the activity by asking learners to write and balance the equations for each reaction
- Plan to cover single replacement reactions prior to assigning the activity
- The puzzles are an interesting alternative to traditional teaching strategies
- Resources in the Teacher's Area contain strategies, printables, and a handy answer key