This Sociology Unit Six: Socialization Within the Group unit plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
How do we learn the rules of society? How do beliefs and ideas affect these rules? Introduce your young sociologists to the factors that socialize individuals with a unit that uses observation and experimentation to analyze how factors such as culture, race, gender, and peer group affect socialization.
- At the end of the unit, have groups revisit their posters and consider what changes they would make to their initial assessments
- Designed for a high school or a higher-ed sociology course
- The 11-page packet includes worksheets, graphic organizers, exercises, and links to all required materials
- The unit presumes that a protocol has already been established for the save and respectful discussion of all the agents of socialization