This Social Media: Crash Course Navigating Digital Information #10 video also includes:
Sixty-eight percent of adults in the United States get their news from their social media feed. What are the consequences? Scholars dive into the topic with a video on digital media. They discover how social media shapes people's offline behavior in surprising ways.
- Invite learners to conduct informal polls to find out where their friends and family get their news
- Have small groups discuss the pros and cons of using social media as a news source
- Lesson order matters, as previous videos from the series may provide helpful background information
- Begins with an engaging animation that helps introduce the topic and builds student interest
- Includes text and graphics to support spoken content