This Social Media and Sharing lesson plan also includes:
Whether it's cute cat videos or pictures from an epic vacation, scholars love to check out what's happening on social media! But, how much sharing is too much? A lesson from a vast digital citizenship series poses some serious points to ponder. Pupils discuss their social networks and examine how shared information affects privacy and reputation.
- Provide a variety of formats for individuals to use to create their social media guides
- As an alternative to the included opener, have the class rank their favorite social media sites, then circle back to the list when it's time to begin the project
- Consult the district's Internet policy beforehand to ensure students have a way to access the social media site they choose
- The networking math exercise is a real eye-opener for teens and young adults
- Discussion questions encourage reflection on what learners share and who has access to their posts